What if you knew how to write a blog post like a Boss?
You know…you write blog posts that drive traffic and get results. And clients are more than happy to pay you pro rates for your blogging skills.
Not those $25 and $50 assignments, either. When you know how to write a blog post like a Boss, clients are ready and willing to pay $100, $300, $500, or more per assignment.
Sound good? Shut the door. Hold your phone calls. Grab an extra cup of coffee. And tell your people you’re busy.
If you want to learn how to write better blog posts, solid writing skills get your foot in the door. But that’s not enough.
You’ll also need some behind-the-scenes knowledge about things like keywords, SEO, headline writing, social media, and more to craft better blog posts.
In this post, you’ll find pro tips about how to write a blog post, engage readers, generate traffic, make your clients happy, and make more money.
It’s go-time. Check out this of list 100+ tips to get started.
Tips 1-23: Content marketing for bloggers
If you’re looking for ways to level up your content marketing skills to land better blogging gigs, check out these tips.
- Blog Marketing Crisis: 3 Ways to Survive the End of Email. Learn how to avoid the dreaded spam folder when you pitch an editor or marketing director, and get tips on how to write better emails that actually get opened.
- Get Paid to Blog: 5 Ways to Show Clients Your Value. If you’re serious about landing better-paying assignments for writing blog posts, follow this advice to add authority to your pitch.
- Is It Content Marketing or Just Blogging? 10 Big Ways They’re Different. Maybe you’re a veteran journalist with solid writing skills. That’s great, but those skills don’t instantly make you a content marketing pro who can write blog posts that drive traffic. Read this first.
Tips 24-34: Productivity tips for bloggers
Ever wonder how to write faster and create better blog posts in less time? How many blog posts can you write in a day, a week? And what can you do to streamline the process of planning and writing blog posts? Check out these tips.
- How to Blog: The Ultimate Guide to Mega-Useful Tools. If you want to learn how to write a blog post or even run your own blog, use these tech tools recommended by Carol Tice to help you get more work done in less time.
- Writing Tips: 10 Productivity Secrets From the Author of 1,000 Blog Posts. Nobody wakes up an expert on how to write a blog post. But if you do it enough times, measure progress, and pay attention to what works and what doesn’t, you’ll write better content and be more efficient. Here’s what you need to know.
Tips 35-38: Blogging rates
- Blog for Money: The Genius Pitch That Got One Writer $500 Per Post. Tired of writing blog posts for peanuts? How about $500 to write a blog post? Check out the pitch letter freelance writer Alyssa Goulet used to score a well-paying blogging gig, plus tips to land better clients.
- Earn Money Blogging: 3 Ways I Get $500+ Per Blog Post. Want more proof you can get paid $500 per blog post? If you know how to write a blog post that can drive traffic, have some niche expertise, and know where to find clients ready to pay pro rates, you absolutely can. Here’s how:
Tips 39-64: Social buzz for blog posts
Great writing skills are important. But let’s face it, in the digital world, back links, likes, and social shares for blog posts are practically a form of currency. Want to know how to write blog posts that get more buzz?
- 26 Simple Hacks for Creating Must-Read-and-Share Blog Content. If you want to write a blog post that drives traffic, generates buzz, and gets more likes and shares, you can’t leave it up to the Mysterious Force. Freelance blogger and writing coach Sue Dunlevie shows you how to write blog posts that get noticed.
Tips 65-92: Blog post strategies that work
Want to improve your ability to write blog posts that get results, drive traffic, and even earn money? Check out these proven blog post strategies that work.
- My 23 Best Types of Blog Posts That Grab Attention. Before you write and publish a blog post, take a step back and think about the strategy you’re using. Could it be better? Check out these blogging strategies Carol Tice has used to generate millions of views.
- The 5 Best Types of Blog Posts to Make Affiliate Sales. What’s the blogging strategy behind the kind of posts that get readers to make a purchase? Dave Chesson shares his best blogging tips for affiliate marketing.
Tips 93-110: Writing tips for bloggers
What’s it take to write a high-quality blog post? It was easier to get a blog post to rank well a decade ago. But now search engines like Google are smarter. The rules for how to write a blog post have changed. Great writing still matters, but it’s how you write AND organize your content that makes a difference.
- Writing an Article vs. Writing a Blog Post: What’s the Difference? This is especially important for displaced journalists who are making the move from news writing to crafting blog posts. Knowing the difference between a blog post and an article can also be a game changer when it comes to pay.
- How to Write a Blog Post: Inside My 17-Step Process. Ready to write a blog post like a Boss? Here’s every step of the process Carol Tice follows to write blog posts.
Boost your income writing blog posts
Know how to write a blog post like a Boss? When you understand all the elements that go into blogging besides great writing, you’re on a path to command higher rates and attract better clients. It’s still a great way to make money writing, move up and earn more.
Tips or questions about how to write a blog post? Let’s discuss in the comments.