Readers liked my top-10 articles for writers list in November, so it’s going to be a regular feature. Thrilled to have a chance to help readers of this blog discover some wonderful other thought leaders on writing and blogging.
As I go, I’m refining my selection criteria — I want to present a fresh variety of voices, so I’ve decided no one author can have more than one post in the top 10.
Drumroll please…and heeere they are, the top 10 posts for writers in December 2010 (listed numerically/alphabetically by post title):
1. 4 Tips to Help Freelance Writers Earn a Living — by Laura Spencer on Writing Thoughts
2. 5 Ways to Promote your Blog: What You Should Be Writing Besides Blog Posts — by Rebecca Osberg, on We blog better [NOTE: As of 11/2016, this post no longer exists.]
3. 8 Steps To Better Focus — by Anne Wayman on About Freelance Writing
4. 10 Lessons I Learned by Gaining My First 1,000 Subscribers — by Onibalusi Bamidele (He’s 16, people — get schooled!) on Daily Blog Tips
5. How to bring hundreds of new readers to your blog — by Judy Dunn on Cats Eye Writer [NOTE: As of 11/2016, this blog no longer exists.]
6. How to “Fake it ’til you Make it” (Without Being an Unethical Schmuck) — by Jennifer Mattern on All Freelance Writing
7. How Your Prospect’s Brain Becomes Your Secret Persuasion Partner — by Marcia Hoeck on Copyblogger
8. Inspiration vs Obligation: the Great Creativity Debate — Georgina Laidlaw, content manager for ProBlogger
Say No Like a Pro — When You Must Turn Down New Business — by Shari Weiss on CompuKol Connection. [NOTE: As of 6/2017, this article is no longer available.]
10. Writing Goals: Get Rid of Disabling Beliefs — by Angela Booth on Angela Booth’s Fab Freelance Writing Blog
What were your favorite articles about writing this month? Feel free to add more article links in the comments below.